Lima Peru Government
Our work addresses a variety of problems including trade and financial investment, financial development, climate modification, safety and defence, and advertising of democracy and peoples rights.
If you are in Peru while urgently need assist (eg in the event that you’ve already been assaulted, arrested or lost your passport), phone 00 51 1 617 3000. If you’re in britain and concerned about a British national in Peru, call 020 7008 1500.
Get or restore a passport
In the event that you can’t get an innovative new or replacement passport over time to visit, you may well be capable of getting an urgent situation vacation document.
Get an urgent situation travel document
It is possible to apply for an urgent situation travel document (ETD) if you’re overseas along with your passport has-been lost or taken, damaged or expired, and you also can’t get an innovative new or replacement passport with time to visit.
If you’re considering travel within the next 24 hours, asap. Contact us before making a consultation if you’ve never ever applied for an Uk passport before or if perhaps you’re trying to get a child in age 16.
For taken passports, it is important to get an authorities report before an ETD are given.
Get a visa
The Uk embassy can’t assistance with visa enquiries.
If you’re a Brit nationwide travelling abroad and need certainly to apply for a visa to visit a certain country or check if you want a visa, understand entry demands on our foreign travel advice the nation you want to visit.
Wedding and municipal partnerships
We could issue affirmations or affidavits of marital status and, in some conditions, perform a marriage or municipal relationship for British nationals. For home elevators marriage in Peru, see getting married abroad.
Enter a birth or demise
See how to register a birth or register a demise in Peru. You can’t register a birth or death in the embassy or our consulates.
In the event that demise occurred in Peru and you’re nevertheless in the nation. If you’re in the united kingdom and notice of the loss of a family member from an authorized, you need to contact the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 020 7008 1500.
Study our help with coping with death overseas and our local information. PERU - Bereavement Pack 2015 (MS Keyword Document, 110KB)
Support in the event that you’ve already been arrested
We're going to do all we are able to to get hold of you within 24 hours of being told you’ve already been detained or arrested, and can offer you a prisoner pack with information for British prisoners in Peru. We cannot get you away from jail, stop the regional authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil judge procedures.
Notarial and documentary services
We may have the ability to offer notarial services, including administer an oath, affirmation or affidavit, and also make an avowed copy of a document. Understand full listing of notarial and documentary services we provide.
The British Embassy in Lima will not offer legalisation solutions.
Make use of our listings of neighborhood companies and solutions if you want help in Peru. Please note that inclusion during these lists will not represent official recommendation by the Brit embassy or perhaps the UK government.
Exactly how else we could help
As well as the services listed above we can also:
- offer information about transferring funds
- supply appropriate assistance if you have experienced rape or serious assault, tend to be a sufferer of other criminal activity, or come in medical center. The British Embassy in Lima facilitated producing an area leaflet for sufferers of sexual assault in Peru
- provide help and support in a range of various other situations, particularly son or daughter abductions, lacking people and kidnapping
- contact household or pals for your needs if you like
- make special arrangements in instances of terrorism, municipal disturbances or all-natural disasters or other crises abroad
Exactly what the embassy are unable to do for your needs
Although we you will need to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we can't:
- assist you to enter a nation, for instance, if you don’t have a visa or your passport is certainly not valid
- offer you legal services, explore crimes or execute searches for missing people, although we could present details of individuals who can assist you in these instances, like English-speaking lawyers
- get you much better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or offer you cash (in very excellent circumstances we may provide you some funds from public resources, which you’ll need to pay right back)
- make vacation plans obtainable, or find you work or accommodation
- make business plans in your stead