Facts about Lima Peru
2. Geek reality 1; some areas have no-cost general public wifi. Test it at Parque Central de Miraflores. If it works effortlessly, contact us.
3. Geek reality 2: there is a big black market of computer software. Have a look at our regional Flavor weblog to find more info.
4. Sports fact: regional sport is soccer. Both top Lima teams are Universitario de Deportes and Alianza Lima. If there's a match when you are in Lima, be mindful using neighborhood hooligans.
5. Fun reality: Limenians call "lemons" compared to that little green good fresh fruit you call "lime". And yes, they call "lime" to those yellow, thick-skinned lemons you put to your tea.
6. Ipad fact: there is an intercity coach business based in Lima that offers iPad for first-class traveler's usage. Check out into our pages to learn which one :)
7. Background reality: Lima was founded on the land of of indian chief Taulichusco, and some of the old ruins can be see when you look at the garden of 1 of this earliest manor houses built on the primary Square.
8. Geography fact: Lima is the largest province in Peru, with eight million residents.
9. Food fact: expect you'll consume like a master in Lima. Peruvian gastronomy has become world-famous and Lima has many good restaurants. It’s likely that also humble, cheap locations provides you an unforgettable gastronomical knowledge.
10. Transit reality: Lima's traffic-jams may be terrible, particularly during rush hours, and there isn't any distinction between using taxis or buses. So try to take your time, simply take a novel just in case, and smile patiently. There's nothing else you certainly can do.
11. Gay fact: the essential gay-friendly district is Miraflores.
12. Vegetarian reality: you will find made vegetarian choices in regional restaurants. But you will discover a brave brand-new vegetable globe in Lima supermarkets.
Items to See in Lima
- Aeropuerto Jorge Chavez
- Plaza de Armas
- Lima Golf Club