Best months to visit Machu Picchu
The Best Time of the year to Go to Machu Picchu
Below is a general guide to the best and worst months to check out Machu Picchu — bearing in mind that “best” and “worst” tend to be subjective.
- January, February, March — Generally far better prevent unless you love rainfall and hate people. These months tend to be slap bang when you look at the rainy period, so things get wet, obscured and muddy. If you would like hike the Inca Trail, after that February is a total non-starter whilst the classic path is closed throughout the month for maintenance (Machu Picchu it self does not shut).
- April — With a bit of luck, April can perhaps work away well if you’re looking for a balance between not too many men and women rather than way too much rainfall. We took these photos of a rainy and misty Machu Picchu in April — things cleared up significantly later inside time.
- May — The rainy period should practically be over by Might, but you can nevertheless expect some rainy days. If it’s rainy and cloudy in the morning, it might quickly be bright and dry by midday. The crowds start to escalation in might, however the herds have actually however in order to become hordes. Overall, May is an excellent thirty days to go to Machu Picchu.
- June, July, August, (mid-September) — this really is large period. Everyday rain diminishes dramatically therefore the days tend to be drier and brighter. These months are excellent for photos, good-for trekking and usually considered the best for going to Machu Picchu. Are you aware that hordes, obtained most surely appeared. As with preferred websites throughout the world, the absolute quantity of tourists can detract from the general knowledge. If that’s not something that actually bothers you, after that large season may be the time and energy to go. Be prepared for colder than normal evenings of these months.
- September, October — similar to April and may also, September and October are good months if you’re finding a stability between rain and folks. Precipitation amounts begin to increase and every day sunlight hours start to reduce, but with a bit of luck you’ll find yourself standing at Machu Picchu on a bright time with very few tourists.
- November — The rainy period starts in November, however it can certainly still be an OK month to see Machu Picchu. Get ready for rain and a cure for some sunlight.
- December — maybe not ideal, but normal a lot better than January. Expect a lot of muddy rain.
The optimum time of Day to consult with Machu Picchu
The optimum time of day to consult with Machu Picchu is in the morning hours or mid-afternoon. The crowds are usually at their particular heaviest from about 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The site it self opens up at 6:00 am. The initial arrivals are usually the Inca Trail trekkers. Otherwise, initial buses from Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu Pueblo) begin going as much as the website at about 5:30 a.m.
Share this Post
Visit Machu Picchu Peru
Machu Picchu essential: In the last year or two the federal government features limited the sheer number of visitors to…Read More
Cost to visit Machu Picchu
One for the seven marvels worldwide and by many reports the most used tourist destination in South America for people from…Read More