Lima Peru Wikitravel
Ica is a hot, hectic and crazy city at Peruvian Coast. It is fabled for its wine.
Ica is all about 4~5 hours by bus from Lima, contacts are regular. To Nazca is 2~3 hours.
Peru jump offer buses right here from Cusco, Lima, Paracas, Arequipa and Huacachina. This brand new solution has fresh cama buses and lets you can get on or get off at some of these places. Peru Hop includes hotel/hostel pick-ups and drop-offs.
Discover a fraud on buses between Ica and Lima (July 2013) with water becoming "spilled" on to the floor so that your bags get damp. They tell you straight to place your bag from the rack above both you and then later distract you while they're moving away from. Although this is happening they take your backpack. If someone places water on the floor be additional cautious.
Many taxis and mototaxis to simply take you anywhere you intend to go. Much like every-where in Peru make use of an official taxi and concur the reasonable before your trip.
In Ica site visitors may visit the Huacachina Lagoon surrounded by huge sand dunes where you are able to practice Sandboarding. There are many vineyards and wineries, which create Pisco, the national drink, and wine.
- Museo de Piedras Grabadas, (Engraved Stones Museum) in Ica. [] If you like the X files, you will love this secret. Some think this museum is a hoax, nonetheless.
"The which" is definitely the most used dance club (discoteca) in Ica, as well as on Friday and Saturday evenings its full of younger and middle-aged men and women dancing and drinking the night away.
El Otro Peñoncito, positioned a block out of the Plaza de Armas, has actually delicious Peruvian and Italian food in a small but upscale restaurant. The master is friendly sufficient, in addition to prices are reasonable, although by Peruvian criteria they're significantly pricey.
Restaurant McGrill, on Avenida Geterbo, has actually low priced set-menu lunches for 7 soles from 12:30 to around 3:00 pm. The restaurant is very clean and hygiene is great. Dishes are small but delicious.
Pisco Sour, the famous Peruvian cocktail, is actually for purchase at numerous locations in Ica.
Pisco, the fermented liquer made of grapes, can be available although most tourists think it is too potent to take in pure.
Cachina, a sweet wine-like drink that is the precursor towards pisco, normally obtainable.
- Ica Wasi Hospedaje, Corner of Fermin Tauguis & Luis Medina. Little but growing hostel located just two blocks through the bus terminal much less than a 10 minute stroll from Plaza de Armas. The hostel is operate by two brothers which couldn't become more accommodating and caring. Personal areas and dormitory (25 PES) available as well as hot-water, good wifi, and a rooftop terrace., Independencia 165. Basic and fairly clean hotel with friendly staff. The neighboorhood is dangerous at night. An individual with shared restroom expense 10 soles.
- The Las Dunas Hotel, a whole resort, is considered the most costly and a lot of respected hotel in the area. Its in just ten minutes away from downtown. Areas price between $80 and $200 per night.
- Resort Machu Picchu Avenida Tacna, two-blocks from Plaza de Armas, is an excellent package. Rooms cost 30 bottoms per evening but have hot-water, cable tv, and enormous comfortable bedrooms. Like many accommodations near the Plaza, care should be exercised when walking around through the night.
- Resort Villa de Valverde, 
- Resort Torontel, Urb. San Miguel Calle Juan José Salas #232 Corner of Fermín Tanguis #255. Very nice new resort with excellent, friendly staff. Private room, exclusive shower, satellite tv and great wifi for s./60 at the time of might 2014. Can provide washing solutions plus they are very useful about providing instructions. Diagonal to a tienda operate by a really nice woman.
At night the streets of Ica may be dangerous. Just take taxis for around or simply remain at your hotel. Regarding path from Ica to Lima, beware of a fraud that requires some body pouring liquid on to the floor (for those who have your bag there). They then use it the storage space above the seat and furtively slip it towards the exit during the center associated with the coach. They log off the coach a short length later on with your case.
Huacachina is an oasis and resort in desert a couple of kilometers from Ica. Taxi costs around s./10 at the time of July 2014. Beware of non-licensed taxis - theft is commonplace.
Peru Hop have actually buses direct to Huacachina from Cusco, Lima, Paracas, Arequipa and Nazca. Peru Hop includes hotel/hostel pick-ups and drop-offs which can be pretty nice from a safety/no taxi fare perspective. At the time of November 2014 this is the only company that visits Huacachina it self.